Thursday, April 23, 2009

STRANGE STATUES IN GUILIN,CHINA

My wife and I saw these odd statues in Guilin, China last June. They were just mixed into the foliage for no apparent reason. They were pretty big too. Some were about 5 or 6 feet tall. Something about them really appealed to me. There were a lot more, but these were the only pictures I took. I wish I'd snapped them all now.
This one smiles with his face, but his hands look somewhat threatening.
 
Here's something you don't see every day: a nightmarishly huge scorpion statue on the side of the road.

This one's scythe arms scared me until I saw they'd put up that fence to hold him.


This is my wife Mei with a Pikachu-ish guy in the background.

He needs to get that tongue looked at. These 2 guys must also be danerous from the looks of that roped holding area.

Yikes!
Note the blood-stained fangs.

Disney, Shmisney! In China you can make all the Mickey Mouses you want and not worry about getting sued.

In China all the dinosaurs get along with each other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails