Friday, April 3, 2009

SUPER HEROES

Here are some fake comic covers. These are fun to make because the cover is the fun part, and then you don't have to do the work of actually making all the story pages.Delusional hero



Lou has a language translator implanted into his neck (It's visible in the other picture.) Going through a surgery like that is MUCH easier than learning a different language, right? I heard now the military has invented a gizmo like this. You can speak into it, and it will speak your sentence in another language.

I thought it would be a good weakness for an otherwise unstoppable guy to have. He could always be getting it smashed and then wouldn't be able to communicate. Even little things make all the difference. One time, I was trying to tell my sister-in-law(who can't speak English) to look out because a car was coming, and I didn't know how to say "Hey! Look out!"
I saw the car coming closer and closer, and I was wracking my brain trying to think of a way to say it, and I couldn't think of a single thing. She wasn't looking at me so I couldn't point either. It turned out she didn't need my warning and just wriggled around the car's path. I guess she does that all the time.


I thought it would be funny if there was a super hero who's power was to throw things away. He has some mental disorder where he can't stand to see something NOT in the garbage. He never really does any good, just kind of annoys everyone. Maybe once in a blue moon his weird compulsion would accidentally make a good thing happen, but that would be a rare case. 
Most of the time he would just make everything worse. He could be part of a super hero team. When it's time for them to fly to the scene of some crime, they realize he's thrown away the keys and their weapons and costumes, and garage door opener, etc...

Maybe some times, the Thrower-Awayer is seen without his boot, or his pants or cape because they've obviously been thrown away. It would be unspoken but understood. 


I guess I felt like the word "awesome" looked better without the E.

If I made a real comic book with Half-Man, it would be easier than normal because the 2nd half of the book would all be blank pages. It wouldn't matter what was happening in the story, or how much trouble he was getting into, half-way through the book everything would just stop and there would suddenly be a big bunch of nothing. He he! Lazy and evil!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails