Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SICKLY ALIEN and RUSSELL


I was thinking about doing a painting of a farmer nursing an alien back to health, with a crashed UFO outside the window. This is a reference photo I took. The farmer is portrayed by my friend Russell.

I've known Russell since high school. I remember when I would ride in his little Dodge Omni, I had to get in the back because his passenger side seat was being used as to hold a 10-gallon bucket of tobacco spit. It was at least 6" deep with brown sludgy spit, and every time he hit a bump it would slosh around. He had it seat-belted in like a precious baby. While he drove, he would periodically lean over and spit into the bucket. I was always kind of worried we would have some huge wreck and it would splash all over. My plan was to hide behind his chair if I had to duck, but I don't guess it would have helped much.

8 comments:

  1. The only thing that could make this photo better is if Russell was either putting a ring on her finger or giving her a bouquet of flowers... or proposing on one knee. Priceless. There could be a whole book of these kinds of photos. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, ma'am. I'm happy you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! this picture is hilarious! you have to do a painting of this!!!! do you have the book
    "The Art of Monsters Vs. Aliens"? There is a great digital painting in there with a farmer and an alien. I am going to send you the pic in an email just because I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Russell ever loses his current job he could always get work playing Carl from "Sling Blade."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! he does an amazing Sling Blade. I need to get it on video.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails